Xeno Media's Jim Birch presents at Bay Area Drupal Camp 2016
Our Digital Strategist, Jim Birch, will be presenting on Holistic SEO and Drupal at BADCamp X, the 10th annual Bay Area Drupal Camp being held between October 20th - 23rd at the University of California in Berkeley. This will be the second year in a row in which Jim will be participating in the event.
BADCamp is the largest regional conference dedicated to Drupal and open-source software with over 1600 attendees descending on the UC Berkeley campus for four days of presentations, trainings, summits, and sprints.
In 2015, Jim presented Optimizing Drupal 7 HTML Markup to a crowded room of Frontend developers and Site builders.
This year, Jim's focus is the modern state of Search Engine Optimization: How we at Xeno Media define best practices for technical SEO using Drupal and ideas on how to guide and empower clients to create the best content to achieve their goals.
This presentation will review:
- What Holistic SEO is, and some examples.
- The most common search engine ranking factors, and how to keep up to date.
- An overview of Content strategy and how it can guide development.
- An overview of technical SEO best practices in Drupal.
The presentation is:
- Session time slot: Saturday - 11:15am - 12:00pm
- Session room: Pauley East - ASUC
- Session track: Site Building + Using Drupal
In addition, Jim will be giving a lightning talk on Friday at the Frontend summit. Summits are more conversational in nature, and this event will focus on the best practices, and technologies used in Drupal development with presentations and panel discussions.
Jim will be showcasing our soon-to-be-released Drupal contrib module Bootstrap Paragraphs. The module is a suite of Paragraph bundles made with the Bootstrap framework's markup.