Xeno Media Lead Developer Michael Porter was selected to present The Butler Did It: Putting Jenkins To Work For You at Drupal MidCamp on April 1 in Chicago.
Michael's presentation shows how use the power of Continuous Integration (CI) servers for offloading some of the repetitive tasks developers and software maintainers need to do on a daily basis.
The session will demonstrate how to use Jenkins, the leading open source automation server to:
- Run Drupal core and module updates
- Run and report on behat tests
- Run and report on Coding Standards
- Trigger Offsite backup of production sites
- Use Jenkins Pipeline workflows to build branch/feature based servers.
- Triggering jobs with webhooks
- Report progress, and results to Slack
MidCamp participation is part of Xeno Media's strategic dedication to Drupal and the Open Source community. We have been a MidCamp sponsor for two years and Web Strategist Jim Birch is an active organizer.